Thursday, October 27

University of Chicago - Things I Wish I Had Known













5 Things I Wish I Had Known Before Attending












Though the University of Chicago (called “UChicago” by its denizens) is losing its reputation as the school “Where Fun Comes to Die,” it is still the most rewarding to those who work the hardest. These are the five things I wish I had been told before I kicked off my fast paced and zany four years at UChicago. University of Chicago’s reputation for academic rigor is not exaggerated. For some students, this means long hours in the library. For others it means showing up to every single class attentive and fully awake. Most students take far too long to realize that the most important part of their UChicago education is not the compulsory stuff like classes or homework, but time spent one on one with professors during their office hours. Students who take that initiative do far better work and enjoy doing their work far more across the board.